Buyers ~ Sellers
Prior to the Close of Escrow
Services provided by a Licensed Real Estate Attorney.
When buying or selling real estate, there may be times you need legal advice. The purchase or sale of a property is one of the most important investments you will ever make. Through Legal Services of America’s Risk Management Program, our network of attorneys will assist you with transactional legal advice related to the sale, purchase, and or ownership of your current property.
Buyer & Seller Benefits PRIOR to the Close of Escrow:
- (At No Charge) Up to 30 minutes of telephone consultation per non dispute, transactional legal matter with a licensed real estate attorney. There is no limit on the number of matters eligible for consults, as long as questions pertain to different legal concerns and are related to the property listed on the protection plan documents.
- (At No Charge) Up to ten pages of documents are reviewed by a licensed real estate attorney.
- Up to 25% rate reduction off the normal and customary fees for any additional services that the buyer or seller requests from the participating attorney.
Our network of attorneys can also advise you on:
- Property Liens
- Foreclosure Issues
- Bankruptcy Issues
- Leasing or Rental of the Property
- Short Sale
- 1031 Exchange
- Wills and Trusts
- And More
After the Close of Escrow
Services provided by a Certified Mediator (who is not an attorney).
Legal Services of America provides informal mediation services to bring about early resolution of most disputes. To resolve any dispute between buyers, sellers, or any third party involving the covered transaction.
Buyer & Seller Benefits AFTER the Close of Escrow:
- Will provide you with self-help guidelines for communicating your claim to the adverse party, including sample demand letters.
- Will work with the adverse party by conducting informal mediation to resolve the dispute which satisfies the mediation clause found in your Real Estate Purchase Agreement.
- When all other remedies have not resolved the dispute, assistance with the Small Claims Court System will be available to you.
Mediation Services are limited to matters involving the covered transaction purchased or sold through your enrolled real estate agent.
Abraham Lincoln once said, “Discourage litigation, persuade your neighbor to compromise whenever you can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often the loser … in fees, expenses, and waste of time.” That is exactly what we do for your Buyers and Sellers after the close of escrow when there is a dispute.